The District is headed by the Deputy Commissioner followed by an Additional District Magistrate (ADM) as second-in-command. The district is divided into 3 subdivisions and one Sub Divisional Magistrate (SDM) is head of each subdivision. Each Subdivision is having revenue and clerical staff for its various functions. For revenue functions each subdivision has Tehsildar, Naib-Tehsildar, Kanungo and Patwaries in that order. For Other functions, there is clerical staff. The three subdivisions are :-
- Saraswati Vihar
The three SDM offices are located at following addresses:-
- SDM (SaraswatiVihar), Old Middle School Building, Lawrence Road, Rampura, Delhi- 110035.
- SDM (Rohini), O/o Dy. Commissioner, North- West District, Kanjhawala, Delhi -110 081.
- SDM (Kanjhawala), O/o Dy. Commissioner, North- West District, Kanjhawala, Delhi – 110 081.
Deputy Commissioner (North-West) has also been designated as Joint Chief Electoral Officer (NW) for performing election related duties. In this work , Deputy Commissioner is assisted by all the SDMs and SDM (Election).
For work relating to registration of documents, there are two offices of Sub Registrar in the district directly under the control & supervision of the Deputy Commissioner. The three Sub-Divisional Sub-Registrar offices with their addresses are :-
- Sub-Registrar VI-C Office (Rohini), Ambedkar Bhawan,Sector-16,Rohini,Delhi-85.
- Sub-Registrar VI-A Office (Pitampura), Ambedkar Bhawan,Sector-16,Rohini,Delhi-85
- Sub-Registrar VI-D Office (Kanjhawala),Near Police Station,Kanjhawala,Delhi-81
Office of the BDO (NW) is also a part of the office of Deputy Commissioner. Headed by the Block Development officer , this office is responsible for custody of Gaon Sabha land and promotion of Agriculture, Horticulture and Development activities in the village.
There is also a centre of NIC in the district which facilities computerization in the district and links the district with the world through internet.